12 Frightening Facts About Milk
A large observational cohort study in Sweden found that women consuming more than 3 glasses of milk a day had almost twice the mortality over 20 years compared to those women consuming less than one glass a day. In addition, the high milk-drinkers did not have improved bone health. In fact, they had more fractures, particularly hip fractures.
In observational studies both across countries and within single populations, higher dairy intake has been linked to increased risk of prostate cancer (cited in ).
- Observational cohort studies have shown higher dairy intake is linked to higher ovarian cancer risk (cited in ).
- Cow’s milk protein may play a role in triggering type 1 diabetes through a process called molecular mimicry.
- Across countries, populations that consume more dairy have higher rates of multiple sclerosis.
- In interventional animal experiments and human studies, dairy protein has been shown to increase IGF-1 (Insulin-like Growth Factor-1) levels. Increased levels of IGF-1 has now been implicated in several cancers.
- In interventional animal experiments and human experiments, dairy protein has been shown to promote increased cholesterol levels (in the human studies and animal studies) and atherosclerosis (in the animal studies).
- The primary milk protein (casein) promotes cancer initiated by a carcinogen in experimental animal studies.
- D-galactose has been found to be pro-inflammatory and actually is given to create animal models of aging.
- Higher milk intake is linked to acne.
- Milk intake has been implicated in constipation and ear infections (cited in ).
- Milk is perhaps the most common self-reported food allergen in the world.
- Much of the world’s population cannot adequately digest milk due to lactose intolerance.
A book well worth reading. Click on the image.
Whitewash builds an unassailable case that not only is milk unnecessary for human health, its inclusion in the diet may increase the risk of serious diseases including:
- Prostate, breast, and ovarian cancers
- Vascular disease
- Crohn’s disease
Many of America’s dairy herds contain sick and immunocompromised animals whose tainted milk regularly makes it to market. Cow’s milk is also a sink for environmental contaminants and has been found to contain traces of pesticides, dioxins, PCBs, and rocket fuel.
Whitewash offers a completely fresh, candid, and comprehensively documented look behind dairy’s deceptively green pastures and gives readers a hopeful picture of life after milk.
Is dairy safe to consume? Should we avoid dairy? Does dairy cause cancer? Can eating dairy cause Parkinson’s disease? Why is dairy so bad for your health? Keep listening as Dr Michael Greger answers these questions…..
Most people think of dairy as being as perfectly harmless food. Even though more than 65% of the world’s population is unable to digest lactose, dairy milk is still being marketed as an essential food for human health. We’re told that dairy is sustainable, that is’ nutritious, and that the cows and goats are happy to be milked for our benefit. In this video I present a different side to this story that is seldom talked about, the side that the dairy industry doesn’t want you to know about.
Are dairy products safe for us to eat? Are milk and yogurt healthy? If not, why are dairy products so dangerous and damaging to human health? Does dairy contain natural hormones and if so what do they do to our bodies? If we don’t eat dairy where will we get our calcium from? Can dairy cause cancer and other diseases? Can dairy cause tumors and asthma? Can dairy cause rheumatoid arthritis? Keep listening as Dr Michael Klaper answers these questions………